Saturday, June 5, 2010

10 Things to Do to Win an Election...

I have always loved the idea of an electoral process.   I believe that organized people can change the world and overcome political games infecting our democracy.  The first organization I started, Mass Vote, successfully increased voter turn out setting the stage for diversity of candidates running for office, as well as winning a redistricting law suit.  This column I wrote for The Nation magazine allowed me to highlight some tactics I have used successfully years to go beyond shallow victories every election but tactics that can build a tradition of voting in your community.  I want to call your attention in the article to step  4; Stop Blaming Your Voters.  This is an evolutionary shift for politics and a maturation needed for us to continue to encourage citizens to vote.  Like life, it does you no good to blame someone else for your failures.  Enjoy the article, try the tactics and help give American citizens a reason to believe in the power of their vote.  Here is my column printed in The Nation magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment